Position is responsible for maintenance of assigned yard areas, loading and unloading lumber, preparing loads on flat bed trailers, load and transport finished trusses from the upper yard to the lower yard, store trusses and complete inventory records for stored and shipped orders.
- Load and unload raw materials (lumber, plates, EWP) and completed trusses.
- Facilitate the movement of finished product from the production area to the appropriate storage area and properly organize stored product on spacers.
- Follow the correct procedure for handling bundles of finished trusses.
- Prepare loads for delivery of completed manufactured products.
- Insure safety and quality of loads scheduled for delivery.
- Safely and properly operate forklifts and perform daily inspections.
- Safety and properly operate delivery vehicles.
- Monitor and be responsible for the safety, quality and productivity in assigned yard area.
- Work on unforgiving surfaces such as concrete, wood, and metal and sometimes on slippery and wet surfaces as may be necessary in loading, handling, securing, unloading, and transporting product or materials.
- Enter and exit various types of equipment (forklift, trucks, etc.) safety and efficiently.
- Plow snow, sand and salt during winter weather as needed.
- Perform administrative tasks associated with the activities of a yard worker.
- Work cooperatively with production, delivery, and maintenance personnel.
- Perform routine housekeeping to maintain yard areas.
- Keep the assigned yard and finished product storage areas safe and clean.
- Properly sort and dispose of trash, scrap material, etc.
- Prepare an override or extra production report and submit copies to the Yard Foreman.
- Complete an Accident Investigation for any injury sustained and submit to the Yard Foreman.
- Report all/any equipment product deficiencies to manager.
- Follow all established written and unwritten company procedures.
- Comply with OSHA requirements and established company safety policies and procedures.
- Accepts other duties as assigned by the Section Lead and Foreman.
- Good hand – eye coordination for loads that may be in small/tight spaces.
- Good communication skills; attention to detail; and organizational skills for record keeping.
- Ability to comprehend and retain information relating to work orders, equipment, lumber grades, inventory levels, etc.
Must have a valid drivers license; must have a good driving record that allows individual to be insured by our insurance company; must have or be willing to obtain a Class A Commercial Drivers License; and must have forklift experience.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Requires the ability to successfully pass our forklift training and licensing program which requires good vision, must be able to sit, stand, walk, and safely climb and mount all terrain forklifts and flat bed trailers. Agility and stamina to withstand long periods of physical activity. Ability to continuously stand, squat, bend, reach, and kneel; walk, handle push/pull up to 20 lbs, and lift/carry up to 25lbs; frequently push/pull up to 80 lbs, and lift/carry up to 40 lbs; occasionally lift/carry up to 100 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs with or without assistance from others.
The work is primarily performed outdoors in all weather conditions including adverse weather. The environment generally includes dust, dirt, equipment noise; working near moving machinery. PPE required at all times.To apply for this position click here