Position is responsible for set up and operating of saw to accurately cut lumber to specific lengths and angles as specified for each job order. The position may also be responsible for stacking and banding the cut materials and pushing cut lumber on carts to appropriate staging area. Position also is to provide the proper support to the saw crew through coordination of personnel, problem solving, teaching, material flow, and physical involvement toward the goal of improving efficiency.
- Get schedule from Foreman
- Read and interpret work orders and production schedules (typed, handwritten, computer screen).
- Select and enter data using the Saw computer system.
- Retrieve specified lumber and transfer lumber onto saw bed.
- Operate saw to cut lumber to length and angle per job order specifications.
- Use tape measure to verify specifications.
- Lift and stack product onto lumber carts, Complete continuous quality review throughout processes to meet quality and accuracy requirements including dimensions, lumber grades, and building process.
- Complete continuous quality review throughout processes to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
- Perform daily stretch and flex prior to starting job duties.
- Perform standardized cleaning and maintenance of equipment and work area.
- Report any equipment and product deficiencies to foreman.
- Follow all established written and unwritten company procedures.
- Wear all required PPE (steel toed boots, safety glasses, ear plugs, rubber palm gloves).
- Comply with OSHA requirements and established company safety policies and procedures.
- Accepts other duties as assigned by the Section Lead and Shop Foreman.
- Fill out forms (overrides, maintenance requests, plate sub sheets, Etc.)
Minimum of 18 years of age; preference may be given for previous experience.