Position is responsible for assembling cut material into floor and roof trusses to specification. The position may also be responsible for pulling plates, stacking of finished product, banding and marking materials, and pushing product on carts to appropriate area. Position reports to Section Lead person and Foreman.
- Read and interpret work orders and production schedules (typed, handwritten, computer screen).
- Pull plates.
- Set up and operate presses, nail guns, and other equipment.
- Place cut material and plates per specification.
- Connect plates with the use of hammer and/or press.
- Lift and stack product off lumber carts, band and mark product, and push/pull product on carts to designated areas.
- Complete continuous quality review throughout processes to meet quality and accuracy requirements including dimensions, lumber grades, and building process.
- Perform daily stretch and flex prior to starting job duties.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment and work area.
- Report any equipment and product deficiencies to Lead.
- Follow all established written and unwritten company procedures.
- Wear all required PPE (steel toed boots, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves).
- Comply with OSHA requirements and established company safety policies and procedures.
- Accepts other duties as assigned by the Section Lead and Foreman.
Preference may be given for previous related experience.