Lead – 2nd Shift / 3rd Shift
Position is responsible for determining the production direction according to schedule. Ensure safe working conditions for all coworkers. Able to set-up all truss types. Give direction to co workers. Communicate with Foreman and coworkers.
- Organize work to be done to obtain production goals in the most safe and efficient manner.
- Train employees in all areas of building process including safety and quality.
- Read and interpret work orders and production schedules (typed, handwritten, computer screen).
- Pull plates.
- Set up and operate presses, nail guns, and other equipment.
- Set up cut material and plates per specification.
- Connect plates with the use of hammer and/or press.
- Lift and stack product off lumber carts, band and mark product, and push/pull product on carts to designated areas.
- Complete continuous quality review throughout processes to meet quality and accuracy requirements including dimensions, lumber grades, and building process.
- Perform daily stretch and flex prior to starting job duties.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment and work area.
- Report any equipment and product deficiencies to foreman.
- Follow all established written and unwritten company procedures.
- Wear all required PPE (steel toed boots, safety glasses, ear plugs, rubber palm gloves).
- Comply with OSHA requirements and established company safety policies and procedures.
- Accepts other duties as assigned by the Shop Foreman.
- Fill out forms (overrides, maintenance requests, plate sub sheets, Etc.)
- General knowledge of the assembly process.
- Ability to safely and effectively use a hammer, tape measure, and to band, stack and move product safely.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Ability to communicate effectively (speaking, listening, and writing) with co-workers.
- Ability to read fine print such as typed work orders, computer screen and tape measure.
- Ability to determine production direction.
- Basic math and geometry.
- Follow written, verbal or diagrammatic instructions/direction.
QUALIFICATIONS/ EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be 18 years of age
Preference may be given for previous related experience.
Bilingual Preference (Spanish/English) given over other candidates
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
This position require the ability to continuously stand, squat, bend, reach, and kneel; walk, handle push/pull up to 20 lbs, and lift/carry up to 25lbs; frequently push/pull up to 80 lbs, and lift/carry up to 40 lbs; occasionally lift/carry up to 100 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs with or with assistance from others.
The work environment requires the employees to work both inside and outside. The environment generally includes, dust, dirt, equipment noise; working near moving machinery. PPE required at all times.To apply for this position click here