Position is responsible for locating and selecting lumber grade and length in accordance with the specifications and pick lists, then positioning material in the specified staging area such as infeed decks and storage racks. Position is also responsible for maintaining organization and cleanliness of the yard.
- Load all specified cut lumber for truss batches in the order specified by Foreman.
- Place the components of each truss run on the deck or storage racks.
- Perform pre-operational checklist for assigned forklift and safely operate the forklift.
- Complete continuous quality review throughout processes to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
- Perform daily stretch and flex prior to starting job duties.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment and work area including picking up and disposing of banding, paper, spacers, lumber pieces, trash, etc.
- Report any equipment and product deficiencies to foreman.
- Follow all established written and unwritten company procedures.
- Wear all required PPE (steel toed boots, safety glasses, ear plugs, rubber palm gloves).
- Comply with OSHA requirements and established company safety policies and procedures.
- Accepts other duties as assigned by the Saw Foreman.
Minimum of 18 years of age; preference may be given for previous experience.