Position is responsible for material handling on the off-load side of a component saw, conducts quality checks for cutting accuracy, stacks and loads cut lumber onto shop carts, bands the material, marks the order, and moves the lumber to next staging area. Position is also responsible for maintaining organization and cleanliness of the saw areas.
- Receive cut lumber from saw process.
- Complete a quality check.
- Safely and efficiently stack lumber onto shop carts, band and mark the order, and move the lumber to the next staging area.
- Complete continuous quality review throughout processes to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
- Perform daily stretch and flex prior to starting job duties.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment and work area.
- Report any equipment and product deficiencies to foreman.
- Follow all established written and unwritten company procedures.
- Wear all required PPE (steel toed boots, safety glasses, ear plugs, rubber palm gloves).
- Comply with OSHA requirements and established company safety policies and procedures.
- Accepts other duties as assigned by the Saw Foreman.
Minimum of 18 years of age; preference may be given for previous experience.