This position is responsible for overseeing all yard operations, maintenance, and personnel; periodic and annual inspections/certification of specific equipment; and related administrative tasks. This position also performs yard delivery and maintenance functions.
- Supervise, monitor, and oversee all yard operations, safety, quality, cost control, and scheduling.
- Update and organize all finished production from production area to appropriate storage area while practicing exceptional handling bundles of finished trusses.
- Load/unload lumber, prepare loads on flat bed trailers, transport between storage locations as needed to meet deadlines for scheduled deliveries.
- Operate various tractor-trailer combinations while following all federal, state, and local regulations including, but not limited to, MNOSHA, FMCSA, and DOT.
- Drop, hook, spot, switch, and otherwise interchange equipment by attaching/detaching; raise or lowering various types of converter/landing gear.
- Ensure all required documentation and paperwork is filled out properly and timely filled out including inspections reports, manifests, bills of lading, trip pay reports, trip fuel and mileage reports, accident reports and any other reports or records required by law, regulation or company policy.
- Comply with all OSHA requirements and established company and safety policies and procedures.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and possess and maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s license along with being able to obtain and complete a certified medical examiner’s certificate.
- Must maintain a good driving record (on/off duty) that allows individual to be insured by our insurance company.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managerial or leadership role supervising and giving direction to subordinates.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with roll-off, and flatbed trailers, articulating booms, various tractor-trailer, forklifts and hoists.
- Must be able to read, write, communicated effectively (verbal or written), comprehend language to perform various tasks of job including, but not limited to, written instructions, highway traffic signs and signals, company manuals, policy and governmental regulations, completing various shipping papers, reports and records required for position.
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain good attendance, manage and supervise other effectively and be capable of working independently without supervision.